More Than Just a Site to See!
Jacksonville is Florida’s Natural Water Wonderland, an active destination with the perfect mix of Florida Flair and Southern Hospitality ready to be explored!
Touchdown in Jacksonville!
We are a year round playground for sports, whether just enjoying a round of golf or game of tennis or looking to cheer on the Jaguars we've got a sport for you!
Make a splash in Jacksonville
With over 22 miles of shoreline, Jacksonville offers a place for you sink your toes in the sand.
Get on the water in Jax
One of only a few rivers in the world that runs from south to north, winds right through downtown Jacksonville. Enjoy the view along one of our Riverwalks.
Treat Your Taste Buds #OnlyInJax
When in Jax try the culinary staple, the Mayport Shrimp. Fish camps and elegant restaurants alike offer the delicious fresh dish in many of their menus.
Only in Jax
So, like, what's Jacksonville know for? You've come to the right place.
Jacksonville, perfectly positioned along the Atlantic Ocean in Northeast Florida is the largest city in the United States with hundreds of unique attractions and venues to please every budget and every taste. We have 22-miles of white-sandy beaches, the longest stretch of the St. Johns River runs through our city, we have the Intracoastal Waterway where the Ocean and the River meet,with so much water Jacksonville is a boater’s dream-come-true! Back on land, Jacksonville is home to the largest urban park system in the nation, with 10 state and national parks and over 80,000 acres ready to be explored. Did we mention we have Florida’s youngest population- average age is 35.5, giving our city a booming nightlife and dining scene, the Jax Ale Trail, local bars with live music to upscale lounges with elegant cuisine, we have Florida’s best Symphony, and that is just the beginning. So what else can you find #OnlyInJax? Here are just a few experiences…
- Explore the Undiscovered: Escape the city life into Jacksonville's natural playground. Explore green areas that you'll only find in Jax like the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve, 10 state parks, five national facilities or dozens of gardens and arboretums. Come hike, kayak, bike, camp, fish and discover what the other side of Florida has to offfer. Don't just take a selfie with the St. Johns River, get on it, enjoy a River Cruise, take the Jacksonville River Taxi or get active on the Riverwalk.
- 365 Days of Beach Life: 22-miles of white-sandy beaches await your visit in Jacksonville. Our beaches are open year-round, and the best part is that while the rest of the nation cools off our weather remains flip-flop perfect, Jacksonville has over 300 days of sun a year! Visit Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Hannah Park, the Talbot Islands and relax under the sun or get more active, take surfing or kiteboarding lessons, rent kayaks and paddleboards, fish at the Jacksonville Pier or rent a fishing charter boat. Our beaches are uncrowded and relaxing, you will find lots of free parking and will be able to dine and enjoy, Only In Jax, local restaurants just feet from the ocean, like rustic Singleton’s Seafood Shack, elegant Marker 32, modern Azurea Restaurant and North Beach Fish Camp.
- Trip-Worthy Events:You deserve a trip! Lucky for you, Jacksonville has plenty of “Trip Worthy” events throughout the year. Pick your favorite one, start packing and give yourself a trip you won’t soon forget.
- A Step Back in Time: Jacksonville History:Jacksonville is rich with history and heritage, some will argue, but our First Coast is actually the location of the nation’s first Thanksgiving, dating back to 1565 and the first Spanish Conquistadors. From the native Timucuan Indians to the French Huguenots to the Spanish Conquistador to the African slaves, they all have their place in our city’s history. In Jacksonville, the Spanish arrived 500 years ago, taking over French settlements in the area now known as the Fort Caroline National Memorial. It is in Jacksonville that native sons James Weldon Johnson and John Rosamond Johnson composed the “Black National Hymn” called “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing”. Explore stops along Florida's Black Heritage Trail
- Sketch That!: Jacksonville is one of the Top 20 Cities for art and culture in the nation.. We have the best Symphony in Florida, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), the Museum of Science and History (MOSH), The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, a Broadway Series, The Alhambra, which is one of the last remaining dinner theaters in the nation and Theatre Jacksonville, the oldest continuously operating community theater in the country. The city’s artistic side also flourishes every Saturday morning at the Riverside Arts Market, every first Wednesday of the month with Downtown’s Art Walk, an eclectic art bazar showcasing Jacksonville’s best artist and musicians and the third Thursday of the month is the North Beaches Artwalk, check out more art events.
- Health and Wellness: Jacksonville is your destination for health and wellness. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Few American cities of any size are home to so many facilities, among them Ackerman Cancer Center, Baptist Health, Brooks Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, Memorial Hospital, Nemours Children's Clinic, St. Vincent's HealthCare, UF Health Jacksonville, UF Health Proton Therapy Institute and Wolfson Children's Hospital. Plus a thriving bio-medical industry and a number of medical company headquarters.
To find out more about what makes Jacksonville unique and the perfect destination for your getaway explore this entire site!
Week at a Glance
Get a "First Look" at what is going on in Jacksonville!
Chocolate Bar Your Way Class
This is a great class for chocolate lovers of all ages! Learn the art of tempering chocolate with a hands on…Read More
Rock N Roll Karaoke at Dos Gatos
Rock N' Roll Karaoke with DJ Randall! Be a rockstar or just point and laugh! From 9pm. The best Monday night…Read More
Every Monday is Musicians Monday, open mic night at 1904 Music HallRead More
Movie Mondays at The Volstead
Movie Mondays at the Volstead. Downtown Jacksonville’s Newest Lounge The Volstead Featuring High End Bourbon,…Read More
Free Tuesdays at the Cummer Museum
Every Tuesday, enjoy free admission to the Cummer Museum and its historic Gardens, thanks to the generous…Read More
Summer Drop-In Art at the Cummer Museum
Each Tuesday in June, July, and August, children ages 5 to 10 will have the opportunity to explore the…Read More
Plan your trip to Jacksonville!
There's always something great happening in Jax! Start planning your getaway on the VisitJacksonville.com website. Check in for the latest information about Things to Do, Dining, Family Fun, and of course deals!More Info