Minutes from Downtown and right next to Riverside and Avondale, Murray Hill is another historic neighborhood on the rise in Jacksonville.
Murray Hill is a neighborhood rich with history, quirky shops and of course delicious food. The neighborhood has eateries of all types, from the longstanding traditions like Dreamette and the Edgewood Bakery, to new places that have quickly become local favorites like Maple Street Biscuit Company. The area is also home to the historic Murray Hill Theatre, which now operates as the nation’s premier Christian rock venue open to all ages.
- The Dreamette ice cream shop is a Jacksonville institution that opened in 1948. Today, this little ice cream joint churns out some of the best ice cream in Florida (Ranked the best in the state by foursquare users.)
- Grab a slice at the local favorite pizza spot, Moon River Pizza.
- The Edgewood Bakery is a Murray Hill landmark that has been in business for more than 60 years. Try their award-winning Danish! Across the street you’ll find the Edgewood Diner serving up classic diner fare as well as inventive dishes like the cheddar cornbread waffle.
- For a delicious twist on Southern comfort food, head into the Murray Hill location of the Maple Street Biscuit Company. And for more finger-lickin’ good soul food, try The Potters House Soul Food Bistro, where you’ll find excellent southern cooking and feel like part of the family.
- Knead Bake Shop offers artisan sandwiches on lovingly crafted bread in a trendy, rustic location on Edgewood. The menu offers many vegan-friendly options, the croissants are divine and they are serving up locally roasted bold-bean coffee – making this an excellent choice for your Sunday brunch. Or if you're you need a coffee fix, stop into Vagabond Coffe Co. home to one of the best handcrafted cups of Joe.
Only In Jax Directory
Enjoy a great cup of handcrafted coffee located in Murray Hill and Hemming Park in Downtown Jacksonville.