Maple Street Biscuit Company
The Sticky Maple: a crispy fried piece of mouthwatering chicken topped with a little bacon, drizzled with maple syrup and sandwiched between a fluffly golden brown biscuit!
Aardwolf Brewing Company
Take a taste of Jacksonville home with you, every brewery sells and fills growlers big and small!
Bar X at Bistro Aix
Before you dine, stop into Bar X for a fabulous hand made cocktail for happy hour.
The Parlour at Grape and Grain Exchange
Grape & Grain Exchange prides itself the craft of cocktail making. Order up a good twist, shake or stir...try their Old Fashion. Photo Credit: First Coast Magazine
Metro Diner was featured on The Food Network’s, “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” in September of 2010.
Located just minutes away from Downtown's Southbank, this historic neighborhood is filled with local charm!
Stroll along San Marco Square and you'll discover incredible dining of every kind, upscale trendy clothing boutiques and sensational art galleries. Theatre Jacksonville, the oldest community theatre in the country dating back to 1938, is also located within the square. Don't miss the San Marco fountain of lions that reflect the neighborhood's association with the Venice, Italy business district. Save your appetite and visit the new San Marco dining district, it includes some of Jacksonville’s best restaurants including bb’s, Bistro AIX, The Grotto, Mathews and Taverna.
The San Marco Dining District offers an array of restaurant options like Matthew’s Restaurant, Bistro Aix, Taverna, Kitchens on San Marco (try the beef short ribs!), V's Pizza, bb’s Restaurant and Bar and The Grotto Wine and Tapas just to name a few. All these exceptional options are in the same neighborhood offering fine dining, outstanding service and an extensive wine selection.
- A southern classic with a twist that can't be missed, Maple Street Biscuit Company. Try the "Sticky Maple" or "The Five"...they are local favorites.
4 Attractions You Can’t Miss:
1) Watch the Sunset at Riverfront Park: This acre-long park along a quiet San Marco block gives visitors a perfect location to watch the majestic Jacksonville sunsets and spot dolphins and even manatees on the River. The park has a few benches and parking along the road. Popular with fishermen, the small yet perfectly situated park is a prime spot for a lazy afternoon. Other frequently visited spots for sunset lovers are the Jim Rink Park and the Greenscape Celebration Park in San Marco.
901 Landon Avenue
2) Dinner and a Movie at the San Marco Theater: This is the only place in town where you can enjoy dinner, drinks and a movie. Built in 1938, the San Marco Theater has been restored to reflect its golden years and it is a now a popular destination for families and couples looking for a different night out. The menu includes freshly made pizzas, paninis, quesadillas and a great beer and wine selection.
1996 San Marco Blvd. Jacksonville, FL 32207
3) Craft beer and craft cocktails spots are overflowing in the San Marco area. Local favorites include Aardwolf Brewing Company (stop in on a Wednesday to grab their latest pilot batch), Grape & Grain Exchange or Sidecar.
4) Peterbrooke Chocolatier Production Center: Take a tour of this local chocolate factory and see how these decadent treats, including their famous chocolate covered popcorn, are made. Self guided tours are free, guided tours are just $1. Call the Peterbrooke Chocolate Factory Store at (904) 398-2489 for available dates.
Getting Here from Downtown: Take the Acosta Bridge south across the river. Exit onto San Marco Boulevard and continue for a mile. Arrive at the San Marco Square. Free parking available.
Kitchen on San Marco —a gastropub— is a welcome addition to Jacksonville’s vibrant local restaurant scene. The restaurant’s lunch and dinner menus change seasonally to focus on fresh, locally sourced and regional cuisine. Our gastropub combines imaginative, upscale cooking techniques with a casual dining experience including a wide selection of craft beers, carefully curated specialty cocktails, and a friendly wine list. You’ll find a wide selection of bar snacks and larger main dishes are available.
Located in the historic neighborhood of San Marco just minutes away from downtown’s Southbank, the restaurant is close to businesses, local attractions, medical facilities, and within walking distance from area hotels. Our friendly staff and professional chefs seek to provide guests with a dining experience you’ll want to repeat again and again. Private dining is also available.
Only In Jax Directory
The Aardwolf Taproom & Brewery is located in a renovated ice hose from the early to mid 1930's. After server years of renovation, hard work…
Phone: (904) 301-0755
Phone: (904) 306-0100
Your go to Jacksonville bottle shop and tasting room, located in San Marco and Riverside.
Phone: (904) 398-1949
Phone: (904) 398-9500
Phone: (904) 399-0609
Kitchen on San Marco —a gastropub— is a welcome addition to Jacksonville’s vibrant local restaurant scene. The restaurant’s lunch and dinner…
Phone: (904) 398-1004
Phone: (904) 396-9922
Phone: (904) 398-3701
Phone: (904) 732-7200
Phone: (904) 720-0511
Phone: (904) 306-2188
Phone: (904) 858-9800
Phone: (904) 398-3005
Phone: (904) 398-0726
Phone: (904) 396-0528
V Pizza is where pizza is an art form and the key ingredient is the ingredient.
Phone: (904) 398-8989
$count = 0; ?>
Week at a Glance
Get a "First Look" at what is going on in Jacksonville!
$count = $count + 1; ?>
- 20 May $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 21 May $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 22 May $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 23 May $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 24 May