Get active in Jax!
Isn't never to early to pencil in your calendar and register for the Gate River Run or 26.2 with Donna Marathon in Jacksonville.
Light Boat Parade and Fireworks
The St. Johns Rive dazzles with a festive holiday lights parade in Downtown Jacksonville the Saturday after Thanksgiving,
The Battle of the Trophy
Two of college football’s best SEC vs. Big 10 teams battle of the TaxSlayer Bowl trophy, on the first weekend in January at EverBank Field.
Past, Present and Future
The Florida vs.Georgia Football Classic has deep roots in Jacksonville, Fl . A fall tradition since 1933.
Music in the Streets
The Jacksonville Jazz Festival is held Memorial Day Weekend every year, featuring stop Jazz acts all for free!
WinterFEST at Adventure Landing
WinterFEST includes ice skating, nightly snowfalls, ice slides, cookie and ornament decorating and much more!
The Annual World Of Nations
Celebrate all the different cultural groups that live in Jacksonville by learning about their culture, food and traditions.
A Sizzlin' Good Time!
Experience a taste of Jacksonville at any given Festival throughout the year.
Calling All Anglers to Jax.
Be the King of Jacksonville as you reel in a big one at the Kingfish Tournament.
Pack your bags, put on your dancing shoes and hold onto your hats: Jacksonville hosts some of the most exciting events in the Southeast.
Cool Local Festivals:
- Hear some of the world’s best rock bands as they converge in Jacksonville during Monster Energy's Welcome To Rockville two day outdoor music festival each April at Metropolitan Park.
- The annual Springing the Blues Festival, held every year in April, is one of the largest blues festivals in the nation. Spend three days listening to renowned blues performers right on the beach! Did we mention it’s FREE?
- The Jacksonville Jazz Festival,a FREE festival held annually over Memorial Day weekend, brings thousands of music lovers to downtown Jacksonville and the city comes alive. For three days, national and world-renowned Jazz musicians perform to big crowds on stages across Downtown Jacksonville.
- Jules Verne has nothing on us! Get your passport ready to go around the world in just two days at the annual World of Nations Celebration.This outdoor festival in downtown’s Metropolitan Park showcases the culture, music, and food from dozens of nations.
- Collective Con features both ticketed and free to the public events covering the genres of sci-fi, fantasy, anime, cosplay, horror , gaming and much more the frist weekend in April.
- In true #OnlyInJax fashion, celebrate local Jacksonville culture at the Community First Seawalk Music Festival. Celebrate our rich and diverse local resources with all local artists, crew and food vendors. This free, one-day event is held on Jacksonville Beach at the Seawalk Pavilion.
- The best fireworks show in Florida is at the Jacksonville 4th of July Firework Spectacular Riverfront Celebration in Downtown Jacksonville. Enjoy from the Southbank or the Northbank of the River and enjoy live music, vendors and great FREE family fun. Find out more about all the July 4th fireworks and festivities here.
- Every July thousands of anglers descend on the First Coast for the Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament and Festival, a 5-day event fit for fishermen of all ages. The winner walks away with anything from $45,000 to $500,000 worth of prize money and big bragging rights.
- The battle of the SEC goes head to head every October with the Florida Gators and Georgia Bulldogs in the Football Classic, Georgia vs. Florida game.
- This November, Jacksonville Beach becomes the perfect backdrop for the Jacksonville Sea and Sky Spectacular, a 2-day air show featuring the world-famous and Jacksonville natives, the Blue Angels. On opposite years NAS Jacksonville hosts the Jacksonville Airshow featuring the Blue Angels.
- Calling all football fans, Navy vs Notre Dame will be played in Jacksonville, Florida this November. Don't miss this highly annticapted game, November 5, 2016.
- All eyes are on the St. Johns River as the Jacksonville Light Parade sails across Downtown with dozens of boats decked out in their best holiday lights the weekend of Thanksgiving. After the parade, fireworks!
Don't miss out on other "Only In Jax" Trip-Worthy Events:
- TaxSlayer Bowl
- Sip & Savor Jax: Jacksonville Restaurant Week
- Kids Free November
- 26.2 with Donna
- Funk Fest
- Connection Festival
- P1 Jacksonville Grand Prix
- Gate River Run
- Craft & Import Beer Festival
- Georgia vs. Florida Football Classic
- Belk Music Fest
- Veterans Day Parade
- Jacksonville Light Parade
- New Year’s Eve Celebration
- THE PLAYERS Championship
- Jax Beach Summer Jazz Series
- Jerk Food Festival
- Spooktacular at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- WinterFEST at Adventure Landing
- ZOOLights at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- North Florida Shark Festival & Groove at the Zoo
Week at a Glance
Get a "First Look" at what is going on in Jacksonville!
$count = $count + 1; ?>
- 13 Dec $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 14 Dec $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 15 Dec $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 16 Dec $count = $count + 1; ?>
- 17 Dec
Plan your trip to Jacksonville!
There's always something great happening in Jax! Start planning your getaway on the VisitJacksonville.com website. Check in for the latest information about Things to Do, Dining, Family Fun, and of course deals!More Info